Post by Diane Trieste, Saltability Vice President of Business Development
The past few years I've been very busy working in the Energy Efficiency market, a space that can definitely provide opportunities for the spa, wellness & hospitality industries. Believe it or not, global climate change is a big deal and so are costs of electricity and water usage. It's been a pleasure and no-brainer for me to be part of the Saltability team and support the natural salt movement. Therapeutically, we all know the benefits of Himalayan salts, but I think a lot of people overlook the value of the energy efficiency benefits.
As an operator, you are concerned about your bottom line, right? We are always looking at revenue. We are aware of being green, using organic products and recycling – which more often than not cost us more money. How about taking the time to look at cost of resources, such as water and electricity? How about looking at saving money without spending money? Your department may not get charged per kilowatt hour for electricity or metered for gallons of water usage, but imagine if it did...
Choosing Saltability products and equipment will make you a rock star with your upper management team who are paying the bills, whether they consciously make choices to decrease their carbon footprint or not!
Here are some of the energy-efficient benefits you gain by using Saltability:
- Saltability warmers use LED lighting which delivers an estimated energy efficiency of 80-90%, lasting approximately 20,000 hours.
- The heating units use 75-watts of power compared to an average of 1,500-watts for a roaster or Crock-Pot. Some folks are using electric skillets which, may draw even more energy.
- Timers come with each warmer to turn unit on/off. So your staff can never leave the unit on overnight or forget to turn on at the start of their shift.
- Decon30 is EPA hospital-grade disinfectant that is non-toxic and made from thyme oil. Just spray stones and any counter surfaces and wipe with cloth. Needs NO water. Saves on cleaning time between treatments, supplies and linens.
- No water waste! A 10-room spa can expect to save 20,000 gallons of water on average per year.
It seems like everyone is becoming more conscious of what they spend and how they use energy to affect their spa's footprint. The choice to start using Saltability Himalayan salts and equipment will pay for itself in less than a month. The benefits not only affect your business bottom line, but the salts benefits will have positive effects on your staff and clients. Plus, Saltability has a give-back program that supports charity:water, the Citizens Foundation, and the Hunar Foundation.
The year 2017 — and our future — will be a journey with some interesting twists and turns ahead. For the past 25 years, I have loved working in the spa and wellness industry, with people working to help others. Now our industry has a responsibility to assist and work with Mother Nature. We all have choices. Take a look at your space and make the right choice to bring Saltability products and equipment into your facility. For your guests, your staff, your bottom line and OUR environment!
Email email@example.com for information on how to bring Saltability's Himalayan Salt Stone Massage to your spa or massage business.