How to create a Himalayan salt sole bath
Sole (pronounced so-lay) is water fully saturated with unrefined salt. When Himalayan salt dissolves in water, it results in a concentrated, electrically charged matrix of the 84 trace minerals in the salt. The ionic salt and trace minerals nourish each cell in your body.
“A 30-minute sole bath has the cleansing effect of a 3-day juice fast.”
– From Dr. Barbara Hendel’s Water and Salt: The Essence of Life
For a sole bath ...
- Fill tub with water, approximately 97–100°F (water temperature needs to be at or just above body temperature).
- Add 4 or 10 oz. of Himalayan salt to running water and let dissolve.
- Soak for 20 minutes, making sure to stay well hydrated.
For a complete detox bath ...
- Fill tub with water, approximately 97-100°F (water temperature needs to be at or just above body temperature).
- For a standard size bath tub (23-27 gallons), add 2 lbs. of Himalayan salt.
- Soak for at least 20-30 minutes.
- After your detox bath, towel dry and rest for 30 minutes, making sure to drink plenty of water.
Do not add soaps, oils, or bath additives to your sole bath.