Serve Up Flavor with Himalayan Salt Blocks
Happy Labor Day weekend! Entertaining during the holiday weekend? Here are some tips for grilling or serving with Himalayan salt blocks. Get ready for beautiful presentation and a whole lot of flavor.
Our Himalayan salt blocks — which come in a 4-by-8-inch rectangle, 8-inch square or 8-by-12-inch rectangle — can be used for cooking or serving food, hot or cold, and will add great, complex flavor to your dishes. They have a dense crystalline composition and are packed with all the mineral-rich qualities of our other Himalayan salt products.
Salt blocks are also:
- Naturally antimicrobial
- Retain hot and cold temperatures evenly
- Add delicate flavor to food
Ready to get started? Here are great ways to get the most out your Himalayan salt block:
Freeze the salt block — the slab will hold the cold for hours.
- Use the frozen slab to season and serve fresh vegetables.
- Make a dessert tray with fruits and chocolates.
- Use it to serve cold appetizers, sushi or sashimi.
Heat the slab on the grill to sear your favorites foods. No grill? You can heat it on an electric or gas stovetop, too.
- Sear and season seafood and meats.
- Get quick, high heat on your favorite fruits and vegetables.
You’ll also love how easy the Himalayan salt block is to clean: Simply rinse it under cold water, pat it dry with a paper towel and store it in a cool, dry place.