With spas reopening and welcoming clients back, the importance of sanitizing Himalayan salt massage stones is vital to help protect clients and massage therapists and mitigate risk during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also educate them on your clientele on how Himalayan salt is antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial — adding reassurance to them through how you are mitigating risk.
Even though 100% pure Himalayan salt is antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial, taking measures to disinfect is a recommended, precautionary step to ensure the safety of your clients and therapists. As water will cause the salt stones to disintegrate, using 100% natural Decon-30 keeps the purity of the stones intact after cleaning. Decon-30 is a non-toxic, one-step disinfectant ideal for disinfecting and preventing cross-contamination without harsh fumes that can be harmful to your staff.
The simple disinfecting process will ensure the safety of your clients and therapists.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Spray Himalayan salt stones and slab with Decon-30
- Wait 10 minutes (this wait time is essential to kill any possible contaminants)
- Wipe stones down with a clean cloth
- Inspect for pitting, and sand any rough areas
- Cover with clean towel
- Stones are ready for your next treatment!