1. For self-massage: Holding more tension in your body than you would like? You may find it hard to effectively massage that tension away by yourself, unless you use something to intensify the pressure. Himalayan salt stones are a great tool to help create a proper tension reliever.
As a bonus, Himalayan salt resonates at the same frequency as the earth which counters the artificial wavelengths put off by the electronics in our life and promotes greater health and overall rebalancing. Hold a salt stone in your hand as you relax and watch television or to take a break from your smartphone.
2. To remineralize skin: After a shower, use a wet Himalayan salt stone to replenish mineral deficiencies that our bodies lack. A simple glide over the skin allows skin to absorb 84 naturally occurring minerals and salts found in the Himalayan salt stone. Use water to wet the stone, or try jojoba or coconut oil. Add a drop or two of essential oils to enhance benefits. Dry well after each use (do not store in the shower).
3. For grounding and to neutralize bacteria: Carry a salt stone in your pocket or purse to neutralize bacterial as Himalayan salt is anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.
4. As a deodorant: A natural alternative to traditional deodorants and antiperspirants, Himalayan salt stones provide a protective barrier against odor-causing bacteria. Their nontoxic nature (no aluminum!) makes them a perfect substitute to traditional chemical-based deodorants.
5. For warming or cooling sensations: Himalayan salt stone are versatile in their abilities to be heated or cooled, depending on your need. Warmed stones soothe your body, while cooled stones provide relief for aches and pains. Freeze the stone, and apply to any areas of the body for a cooling sensation. Here's how to freeze or warm your stone. Use caution when heating, please.